Ursodiol (Actigall)
Veterinary & Aquatic Services Department, Drs. Foster & Smith

Ursodiol is a bile acid used to treat certain liver and gallbladder diseases in dogs and cats. It may also be used to help remove gallstones that contain cholesterol. Do not use ursodiol in rabbits, guinea pigs, or other animals with similar digestive systems. It could cause fatal liver disease. Contact your veterinarian if your pet develops diarrhea while being treated with ursodiol.

   Click here for the web viewable version of this article.

Click here to email this article to a friend.



Keep this and all other medications out of the reach of children and pets.


If you think your pet has been poisoned...

Contact your veterinarian or one of the Animal Poison Hotlines (listed below) if you think your pet may have accidentally received or been given an overdose of the medication.

**ASPCA National Animal Poison Control Center

1-888-4ANI-HELP (1-888-426-4435). $65.00 per case, billed to caller's credit card.

Follow-up calls can be made for no additional charge by dialing 888-299-2973.

There is no charge when the call involves a product covered by the Animal Product Safety Service.

**Pet Poison Helpline - 24-hour service available throughout North America for pet owners and veterinary professionals who require assistance with treating a potentially poisoned pet.

1-800-213-6680 ($35.00 per incident). Staffed 24-hours a day.


Copyright © 1997-2014, Foster & Smith, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Reprinted from PetEducation.com.