Digoxin (Lanoxin®)
Veterinary & Aquatic Services Department, Drs. Foster & Smith

Digoxin is a medication used to treat heart diseases such as congestive heart failure, certain types of heart rhythm disorders, and sometimes, dilated cardiomyopathy. The elixir form of digoxin is available in several strengths. Do not confuse the strengths when determining the correct dose. Toxicity is common. Contact your veterinarian if your pet shows decreased appetite, vomiting, diarrhea, incoordination, or weakness while being treated with digoxin.

   Click here for the web viewable version of this article.

Click here to email this article to a friend.



Keep this and all other medications out of the reach of children and pets.


If you think your pet has been poisoned...

Contact your veterinarian or one of the Animal Poison Hotlines (listed below) if you think your pet may have accidentally received or been given an overdose of the medication.

**ASPCA National Animal Poison Control Center

1-888-4ANI-HELP (1-888-426-4435). $65.00 per case, billed to caller's credit card.

Follow-up calls can be made for no additional charge by dialing 888-299-2973.

There is no charge when the call involves a product covered by the Animal Product Safety Service.

**Pet Poison Helpline - 24-hour service available throughout North America for pet owners and veterinary professionals who require assistance with treating a potentially poisoned pet.

1-800-213-6680 ($35.00 per incident). Staffed 24-hours a day.


Copyright © 1997-2014, Foster & Smith, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Reprinted from PetEducation.com.