Epinephrine is primarily used to treat anaphylaxis (severe, immediate allergic reactions to insect bites, drugs, and other allergens) and for cardiac resuscitation in dogs, cats, and other pets. Signs of anaphylaxis include sudden onset of diarrhea, vomiting, shock, seizures, pale gums, cold limbs, or coma, rapid heart rate, weak pulse, and difficulty breathing. NOTE: Epinephrine comes in two different concentrations: 1:1,000 and 1:10,000. Do not confuse the concentrations when determining the correct dose. Epinephrine is only used in severe, life-threatening emergencies as a supportive therapy until professional veterinary care can be given at a hospital or clinic. If you give your pet epinephrine, contact a veterinarian immediately. Epinephrine may cause anxiety, tremors, excitability, vomiting, high blood pressure, and abnormal heart rhythms.