|According to the Veterinary Cancer Society, the 10 most common signs of cancer are:
- Abnormal swellings that persist or continue to grow.
- Sores that do not heal.
- Weight loss.
- Loss of appetite.
- Bleeding or discharge from any body opening.
- Offensive odor.
- Difficulty eating or swallowing.
- Hesitation to exercise or loss of stamina.
- Persistent lameness or stiffness.
- Difficulty breathing, urinating, or defecating.
These signs can also be present in many other diseases; they do not necessarily mean your dog or cat has cancer. Any dog or cat showing any of the above signs should be examined by a veterinarian.