Having knowledge about corals will not only allow you to have an attractive aquarium at home, but it will allow you to understand the vital role that corals play in our environment. You can read our article on coral anatomy to learn more about coral anatomy and to help you with this quiz.
TRUE OR FALSE
1. Corals are related to jellyfish and anemones.
2. Soft corals are those that build coral reefs.
3. Zooxanthellae are microscopic organisms that live inside of some corals.
4. A group of polyps makes up one coral colony.
5. Coral bleaching occurs when the coral is in the sun for too long.
6. Polyp tentacles have stinging cells to paralyze their prey.
7. Hard corals are the easiest to keep in an aquarium.
8. Polyps are made up of many different cell layers and are very complex.
9. Polyps get the minerals to build their skeletons from the seawater.
10. Coral reefs support nearly 25% of all marine life.