Pet Education
Pet Education Pet Education Pet Education

Learn about Vetco
Free Shipping on orders over $49
Ketoconazole/Chlorhexidine Shampoo (KetoChlor®)
Veterinary & Aquatic Services Department, Drs. Foster & Smith
Ear & Skin
Print Article | Email Article
Bookmark and Share
Click here for a pdf version of this article. 
click here for drug information 

Ketoconazole is used for the treatment of fungal infections in dogs and cats. Chlorhexidine is an antibacterial ingredient. The combination shampoo is used in the treatment of fungal skin diseases and bacterial skin diseases (dermatitis, pyoderma). Avoid contact with the eyes or mucus membranes. Adverse reactions and toxicities are unlikely. Contact your veterinarian if skin irritation develops or increases.


Keep this and all other medications out of the reach of children and pets.


If you think your pet has been poisoned...

Contact your veterinarian or one of the Animal Poison Hotlines (listed below) if you think your pet may have accidentally received or been given an overdose of the medication.

**ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center - 24-hour service available throughout North America.
www.aspca.org/apcc

1-888-4ANI-HELP (1-888-426-4435). $65.00 per case, billed to caller's credit card.

Follow-up calls can be made for no additional charge by dialing 888-299-2973.

There is no charge when the call involves a product covered by the Animal Product Safety Service.

**Pet Poison Helpline - 24-hour service available throughout North America for pet owners and veterinary professionals who require assistance with treating a potentially poisoned pet.

1-800-213-6680 ($59.00 per incident). Staffed 24-hours a day.

Updated 6/20/17


Click here for a pdf version of this article. 
Print Article | Email Article